7.11.2009

Trekkin' On


I had the awesome opportunity of going on the Trek with the Rose Springs Young Men & Young Women yesterday.

Okay, let's be honest... after my first trek experience 5 years ago -- I was not thrilled. But, I figured one day, how hard can it really be -- it isn't the three day, knock-down, drag out version.

So, after getting over my initial snotty attitude... I was humbled. Yup, good times. We trekked at the This is the Place Park up Emigration Canyon. There was something special about doing it there, about seeing it as the pioneers did. We pushed and pulled and laughed and cried. It was amazing. I can't believe how awesome the youth in this ward are. Wow. That's all I can say... wow. Here is a pic of Mad and I from the top -- really, it is MUCH HIGHER than it looks! :)

Our youth conference continues today and wraps up tomorrow with a fireside. I hope these kids felt the spirit of the pioneers like I did. Those pioneers were really something...

No comments: