Well, here is our flood report... a long story, long...
Kenna came in around 5am on Friday and said, " Mom, it's wet downstairs."
"Okay, hon... " I, half-asleep, followed her down to a VERY rude awakening at the bottom step - about 4 inches of ice cold water!! Ugh.
Really?
Both of our sump pumps had tripped sometime in the night and with all the rain and snow we were just getting it from all angles. The farmer's field next door was running into our boulders and "dry" creek bed to where our pump was supposed to be pumping it out! Instead it was coming through our downstairs door right into the family room!
We got both pumps started and got the water down, called servicemaster and they came and pumped out 1600 more gallons! Really? Ick.
We are SO thankful for amazing friends and neighbors. I made one call to the Elder's Quorum President and we had more than a dozen people here within a half hour. They moved EVERYTHING up to our garage and were absolutely life-saving!! Wow.
Then my Dad showed up to step in when Kelly had to go to work. I probably would've been in a corner, in tears, if he hadn't been here to keep me going!!
So, now we are in drying-out mode. Seriously... and I am hoping it will all be dry someday. We have 20 industrial size fans down there, it sounds like we will take off for the moon any minute. But it seems to be working. All is well. It definitely could have been so much worse.
I am so grateful for the Bartons! Because they were here, Maddie and Kenna were sleeping on the floor and discovered the wet! Amy was awesome moral support... and although we had to cut our visit short - we had an adventure!!
And... we didn't lose too much AND we are all learning kindness and patience as we live in half our house.
But mostly, I am SO thankful for people who answer the call when others need help! Amazing.
2 comments:
Gee, when it rains it snows and then floods your basement. You guys are due for a break or something amazing really soon!
Hey duffins,
That seems pretty scary but, I would think that was cool!!!!!!!
Mady
Post a Comment