12.19.2008

Utah Drivers?!?!

Okay - first car crash OF MY LIFE!!  Crazy snowstorm barrels through Utah - we get caught in it - being super careful.  Come to a stop and WHAM!!  a crazy  car plows into us from behind. Smashed up my car - but we are all good.  A little shaken - but good.  Braden thinks he's gonna have nightmares, Raelene was calm and cool under pressure and Kelly's mom was super supportive through the THREE HOUR ordeal.  I am happy to be home and want to say THANK YOU to Jared for braving the weather and rescuing us out on I-80.  We even made the news... here is a little link for you to enjoy.  The policeman (Chris Simmons) was WAY COOL and the smashed up car is the one that hit us and I swear my car looks WORSE than it does from the ksl shot... oh well, my head FEELS worse than the Yukon LOOKS!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

what a bummer. I have been in two accidents, one where I was at a complete stop and a very large semi turned into me, yikes! one week after I got home from my honeymoon and the 2nd 5 years ago which was MY fault. I got distracted and rear-ended a little old lady. That was embarrassing. Sorry about your day. Is your car drivable? or are you without a car at this very busy time of year????

Sharla said...

Yup - they towed our car off and now we need to get a rental -- ick. We are all okay - but WAY stiff this morning... scary. It really just made me SO thankful for everything. Thankful the little car slid into me - NOT the big semi behind him. Thankful we had already been to the airport and were on our way home. Thankful for my BROTHER!! I guess just thankful for all the important things! :) Hope your Christmas is Merry - ENJOY!!

svmama3 said...

How scary! So glad you are all ok. Stay safe out there in the coooooold!

Rachel said...

Glad everyone is okay-- except the Yukon. =) Have a Merry Christmas!